Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the answer to your question, please contact us at

How do I become a SWE member or renew my membership?

See our Join page!

How much does it cost to join SWE?

It does not cost anything to join our section, however there are fees to become a member of National SWE. There are two types of national memberships available: 1. Collegiate to Career (C2C) Membership which covers SWE membership through all the years you are in college plus one year of professional membership for a one-time $50 payment 2. Collegiate Membership which covers a year of membership with an annual $20 payment Both membership plans have the same benefits, so you can choose pick your own plan. Joint memberships with SHPE, NSBE and AISES are available as well as a Financial Aid Scholarship (email

Who can join SWE?

Anyone who supports women in engineering! You do not have to be a woman or an engineer to join and we have many resources for people of all genders and majors.

How can I get involved in SWE?

You do not need to officially become a SWE member in order to attend our events; however, you will not be allowed to vote in our elections unless you are a full member. Join our email list to recieve our announcements which go out every Monday and Thursday during the school year, email Attend our bi-weekly seminars and attend or volunteer at our other events (see the Events calander). There is no required amount of involvement, but you get rewarded for more involvement!

Why should I join SWE?

By getting involved with SWE, you can:

  • Network with people passionate about women in engineering
  • attend many professional development events
  • Volunteer for charitable events
  • Teach kids through engineering outreach
  • Enjoy free food!

What is seminar?

Seminars are our bi-weekly general body meetings which all members can attend. They are on Thursdays and are generally 6:30-7:30 PM in 1013 DOW. They include dinner and featured speakers!

Who can apply for SWE scholarships?

In order to apply for National scholarships, you must pay your national dues. In order to apply for scholarships through our section, you must be an elevated member.